Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Need a Guru Need a Guru is offline

Default Excel Formula, text & number in cell

I need your help, thank you for taking the time! :o)
I am making a spreadsheet to calculate time away from work. I would like to
be able to enter 8 PTO (8 hours paid time off) and another cell calculates
how many times that was entered in a column and adds that for me
automatically. My spreadsheet has the calendar, so all a person needs to do
is input the hours and the type of time taken (we also have holiday time; HT)
and it will automatically add it up for them. Please help! Thanks again!