Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DonkeyKong DonkeyKong is offline

Default Data Validation Question

On Dec 29, 9:44*am, Pete_UK wrote:
Use a Combo box - Debra Dalgleish shows how he

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 29, 2:00*pm, DonkeyKong wrote:

Okay,

I am stumped here.

I have a data validation drop down as a list format. *Since the list
is over 5000 unique entries, I want to be able to start typing the
value and have it start to go there. *However, whenever I start to
type the value, it won't let me. *I have another list validation on
the same file that does this and cannot figure it out.

Any ideas?

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Pete, is there another way to do this? Because then I need to
reference what is in that cell - similar to a vlookup situation and
don't want to get in to the VB, though I could do it that way - just
wanted to know if it was easier...