Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_] Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_] is offline

Default Cell formatting

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 17:04:00 -0800, FatBob
wrote:

For print formatting purposes I need to duplicate a keyed in numeric value
from one cell (say A4) into another cell (say Z4). In many cases the
original cell (A4) will be blank. How do I make the duplicate cell (Z4)
remain blank also? Right now I end up with the original cell (A4) as blank
and the duplicate cell (Z4) as a 0 value. If I do put an entry into the
original cell, it will be numeric (say 1.3). The duplicate cell will have
the same number of significant digits as the original cell.

Try this formula in cell Z4:

=IF(A4="","",A4)

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke