Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
xlmate via OfficeKB.com xlmate via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Vlookup won't work

Check if the imported data are text and that there are no leading / trailing
spaces
which normally are present for data that were imported.

Let me know how its goes

HTH
Pls click the Yes button if this help.

cheers, francis

mkcma wrote:
No, sorry that didn't work either.

I am almost convinced (because i have done vlookups on tons of worksheets I
produced) that there is something wrong with the data (part numbers). Is
there any way to ensure that the two sheets have exactly the correct matching
format? (I presently have paint formatted all to text).

thanks,
mk

try this

[quoted text clipped - 20 lines]