SP

I'm having trouble implementing the various formulas I'm seeing posted. I
think I want the same thing many others are asking for but must be doing
something wrong:

I used several including:
=COUNTIF(A1:A5,""&0)-COUNTIF(A1:A5,"<"&10)
RANGE CONTENTS:
2 | 5 | 17 | 6 | 29
So, I would expect my formula result to equal 3.

How do I acheive this?
Thanks in advance!

SJP~

"John F" wrote:

Thanks ALL:
I'll try each method so it will hopefully drill in my head somewhere.
I'll have to come back after supper to try them out.

The prompt response is greatly appreciated.
John F.

"Aladin Akyurek" wrote:

A set of 2 critera that can be taken together as an interval...

=COUNTIF(X58:X73,""&Y2)-COUNTIF(X58:X73,"="&Z2)

where Y2 <= Z2 like with 23 and 31, repectively, we get a count of
numbers that fall in the interval specified by " 23 and < 31".

John F wrote:
Excel 2003
Looking for a function that will handle:
Count AND a range of criterea

Something like:
=COUNTIF(X58:X73,"23 & <31")
=COUNTIF(X58:X73,"30,<58")