Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
xlm via OfficeKB.com xlm via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Vlookup won't work

try this

=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!C:I,7,0)

A2 is the value you want to look up, this is in Sheet1
Sheet2!C:I is your table,
make sure that you have a sheet named "Cdn" exactly and that your column
number
is correct at 6 where you want the value to return.
In the above, I am using 7 as I found col I is column no 7

Does it works for you?

HTH

Pls click the Yes button below if this is helpful

cheers, francis

mkcma wrote:
Thankx for your reply. I have two sheets in one workbook. I want to take
one or the other of them and bring over the matching price for each part that
has a price. Then I will compare them to determine if they are
same/different.

I have used the formula for an entire column before, but then did try yours
and copied it down.

It again didn't work???

mk

Where is the data you trying to look up? You can't look up an entire column
in one formula. Maybe you want something like this:

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
any suggestions?
thanks