Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Vlookup won't work

Where is the data you trying to look up? You can't look up an entire column
in one formula. Maybe you want something like this:
=VLOOKUP(A1,Cdn!C:I,6,FALSE)

and copy down to the end of the column.

Regards,
Fred.

"mkcma" <u48424@uwe wrote in message news:8f41619ea2501@uwe...
I believe I have tried everything and cannot get these particular two
worksheets to bring me the matching data - there are over 6,000 lines so I
really need to make it work.

I have part numbers that I ensured have no spaces at the end, one file
came
from the ERA system so may have been different, but not I think they are
both
'text'.
=VLOOKUP(A:A,Cdn!C:I,6,FALSE)

any suggestions?