Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ward376 ward376 is offline

Default Other users are freezing without knowing it??

Several users on a network Excel file freeze rows in the worksheet.
Do you mean they freeze panes...

the places it ends up
frozen is very haphazard

or just that the sheet opens to a different range than intended?

Can I lock the freeze that should be maintained?

Not that I'm aware of - but you can use VBA to ensure that the file
displays what you intend when it's selected.

And, can freeze be done any other way than the drop-down menu?

Yes, with programming like VB.

Regardless, you can control what’s displayed when the file is opened:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
'Make this the sheet you want displayed
Sheet1.Activate

'This tests to see if panes are frozen
'and unfreezes if they are
If ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True _
Then ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = False

'make this the most upper-left cell
'that you want to be unfrozen
Range("a2").Select

'freeze the panes at your selection
ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True

End Sub

See this site if you’re not familiar with using VBA:
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html
and go to the part titled: Copy Code to a Workbook Module (the example
above is workbook code)

You’ll have to adjust the ranges in the example to get the results
that you want – this site may help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291304/en-us

Cliff Edwards