LanceB

How about
=MOD(ROW()-1,7)<3

"Luc Benninger" wrote:

Thanks for replying Bob. I wasn't able to use the INDIRECT function in
my formula. Maybe you are?
I need this two conditional format formulas to format a selected range:
=MOD(ROW(A7001)-1;7)<3
=MOD(ROW(A7001)-1;7)=3
These formulas mark the first three rows in a colour, the next four in
an other colour, then again three rows in the first colour and so on and on.
If a user deletes the referenced row the conditional format won't work
anymore (lost ref). Therefore I use row 7001, hoping that nobody (or
hardly anybody) will ever delete it.
But there is still a problem. If above the referenced row a row is
deleted or inserted, the conditional formulas change automatically
(i.e. to =MOD(ROW(A7002)-1;7)<3). Now the colour pattern on the selected
range shifts vertically by one position. Therefore I would like to have
the "A7001"-reference to be static.

Thanks again, Luc

Bob Phillips wrote:
=INDIRECT("A1")