Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Formula to show a date in red if /= 365 days old in Excel?

Trying again. The first post never showed up. You are quite close, actually.

=TODAY() - 365
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.

"bmcaf12345" wrote:

I must have been looking at something else for the true & false. Thanks.

In conditional formatting, I put if the cell is greater than or equal to
="today-365", then in the formatting I made the font red. It did not work
but, I am stuggling with how to phrasing it correctly. Thanks in advance for
your help.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Conditional formatting doesn't show true or false.

Read the help again, and if you are still struggling come back to us and
tell us step by step what you tried.
--
David Biddulph

"bmcaf12345" wrote in message
I looked at conditional formatting and it showed true and false rather than
changing the text color. I am not sure how to do that part. I still want
it
to show the date.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Use conditional formatting.
--
David Biddulph

"bmcaf12345" wrote in message
I keep a log of dates that people receive financial assistance which is
in
effect for 365 days. After 365 days they must renew their application.
Currently, I manually look for dates that are 365 days old and change
the
text to red. I would like to find a formula that would do this for me.