Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Converting time :: Excell 2007

You've got 2836 hours 24 minutes and 0 seconds, so if you want to convert to
an Excel time of 2836 minutes 24 seconds you want to divide by 60.
Either use a formula =A2/60, or put 60 in a spare cell, copy it, select the
data you want to convert, and use Edit/ Paste Special/ Divide.

If you then want to convert to decimal minutes, you'd need to multiply by
24*60 and format the result as Number or General.

If you want to do the whole operation in one go it sounds as if you just
need to multiply by 24 and format the result as Number or General.
--
David Biddulph

"Bob" wrote in message
Hello, I am copying data from a table in a webpage and am having
difficulty
in converting the minutes and seconds. Example

2836:24:00 is really 2836 minutes 24 seconds and who knows what the 00 is.

I have tried [mm]:ss and that returns the real minutes as if calcualated
in
hours.

Another example is 16:10 which is 16 minutes 10 seconds.

I need to convert these to example to the folowing format and am lost as
how to do it..

2836.4 Minutes

and
16.17 minutes