Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spiky Spiky is offline

Default Converting time :: Excell 2007

On Dec 23, 2:41*pm, Bob wrote:
Hello, I am copying data from a table in a webpage and am having difficulty
in converting the minutes and seconds. *Example

2836:24:00 is really 2836 minutes 24 seconds and who knows what the 00 is..

I have tried [mm]:ss and that returns the real minutes as if calcualated in
hours.

Another example is 16:10 which is 16 minutes 10 seconds.

I need to convert these to example to the folowing format and am lost as to
how to do it..

2836.4 Minutes

and
16.17 minutes

I welcom all advise and help..

Thanks Bob

Are those original formats always exactly like that? What you have is
time displayed in text format, I assume. And you want to turn it into
a regular number value, not a "time" as Excel defines it. So this is
really just a "text-to-value" exercise.

Here's a formula that covers both of those formats you gave, assuming
that there are always 2 seconds digits:
=VALUE(LEFT(A1,SEARCH(":",A1,1)-1))+(VALUE(MID(A1,SEARCH
(":",A1,1)+1,2)/60))
=VALUE(LEFT(A1,SEARCH(":",A1,1)-1))+VALUE(RIGHT(A1,2)/60)