Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gibbylinks gibbylinks is offline

Default more arguments have been specified for this function than are

I think the problem is that it's not allowing or complaining of too many
parenthesis. Or at least that's what's happened to me. It won't allow me to
complete the formula, and I'm only one short !!

"T. Valko" wrote:

My best guess:

Try putting ( ) around some arguments like this:

=SUM((A1,D27,D99,D1071),(AA48,X222,Y19))

Each set of ( ) is 1 argument.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"pm" wrote in message
I am trying to sum a group of numbers and keep getting this message: "more
arguments have been specified for this function than are allowed in the
current file format" How can I correct this?