Hi
These problems probably relate to what the actual content is that you are
copying. When you say 'the numbers change' what do they change from and what
do they change to? It depends on the format of the copied data as to how
Excel handles it when it is pasted in.
--
Andy.

"Poor microsoft user" wrote in
message ...
ok, I'm cutting and pasting a column of numbers from a mainframe session
and
dropping them into excel. But, the numbers all change when I do it! I
have
to paste into notepad, then re-copy and then past into excel. Any ideas?

Also, if I copy 2 columns of numbers, I'd like to be able to past them
into
excel so it puts them in 2 columns, but it puts it all in one column.

Thanks!