Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Why is Formula not calculating?

convert to numbers and CUSTOM format as 0000000 or 0000.000

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"evoxfan" wrote in message
I tried this formula in another column and it worked fine.

Any thoughts to why it did not work in the column I originally tried,
perhaps a formatiing issue?

"evoxfan" wrote:

Here is my formula: =RIGHT(d6,7)
Here is what is in D6: '961.110
Here is what the formula results show when you pull up the formula box:
961.110
I know the formula is calculating correcly since it shows the correct
result.
However, when I hit enter to close out the formula box it displays the
formula rather than the results.

The point of this formula is to get rid of the ' apostrophe. Since I
have
some nuimbers that are only one or two charaters I formatted all the
cells as
text because I need all codes to have three digits a decimal and three
digits; number formats would leave off zeros in the front.

How can I get my formula to work or is there a better way to accomplish
my
task?

Thanks in advance for any help.