Paul B

It could be that the numbers are just formatted as ss numbers, you may only
need to change the formatting to general, if you need to remove the hyphens
just use edit replace, fine what - replace with leave blank

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Pii via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
I have a bunch of social security numbers for employees in the following
format. We are exporting this report to the tax office and they do not
accept hyphens in the ss numbers. We have over 1000 numbers and I don't
want to do it by hand. Thanks in advance

123-456-7890

Need it to look like
1234567890