Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
[email protected] pah4w@yahoo.com is offline

Default Charting multiple values per category

Hello all, this is probably a question with a really basic answer,
which is why it's driving me nuts that I can't make it work. Any help
will be greatly appreciated and will reduce the swearing coming out of
my office (doesn't help that I'm wearing headphones).
Anyway, this is the scenario. I have a small data set of tree ages
across a handful of field sites, with multiple trees aged per site.
The site ID is text, e.g. EFW. What I want to do is make a chart with
the site ID on the x axis and the tree ages associated with that site
stacked above it.
This has so far proven impossible. I've been trying to make a line
chart (excel 2003), but what I get is the set spread out, with each
data point seemingly assigned it's own unique x value and then labeled
with the text. So instead of having three data points above EFW, there
are three EFWs on the x-axis each with one point above it.
Sorry this is a little verbose, anyone have any ideas?