Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
philn philn is offline

Default Accounts functions

Thanks for the rapid reply Joel!!

So that future transactions can be included i have a number of empty cells
at the end of the ranges for my criteria, which i really need to leave in as
the dat will be refreshed on a monthly basis, so unfortunately using this i
get an empty cell reference, any idea how i may be able to overcome this
issue?

"Joel" wrote:

the criteria can be any boolean operation including a AND function

=sumfi(A1:a100,and(criteria1,criteria2,criteria3), B1:b100)

"philn" wrote:

Hi I have imported data (nominal ledger transactions) from Sage 50 and need
to query the results to total transactions for a particular nominal ledger
code that fall between given dates.
I have attempted to use sumif, but find i can only place 1 criteriea on it
and sumproduct seems to dislike the date range