Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Umlas, Excel MVP Bob Umlas, Excel MVP is offline

Default Shared/Read Only WITHOUT Save prompt

Right-click the Excel LOGO (near the file menu), select View Code, put this in:

Thisworkbook.Saved=True
End Sub

"tbatftc" wrote:

Excel 2002 spreadsheet used as a reference guide. I wish to keep readonly
attribute and allow temporary calcs upon open; however, I do not want them to
receive the "Do you want to save changes prompt" when the file is closed
since I don't want their changes saved anyway. Can I suppress the prompt
without saving? Thank you!
--
tmb