Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Loadmaster Loadmaster is offline

Default Conditional Formatting End of Quarter

The last day of the end of this quarter is the 31st of Dec. So if on the 31st
of Dec the date within cell A1 is not within the 30th of Sep, not counting
the 30th of Sep to the 31st of Dec, counting the 31st of Dec. Cell A1 will
format as red and continue showing red into Jan Feb etc ... until a new date
is entered into cell A1. The next quarter ends on Mar 31st, if a date is in
cell A1 is within 31st Dec to the 31st of Mar then cell A1 will remain white
or green whatever I choose. Cell B1 is automatically set up to show the end
of the quarter with the following formula:
=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),INDEX({3;6;9;12},INT((MONTH(TO DAY())+2)/3))+1,0). I also
had to format the date as dd mm yy as the above formula entered a bunch of
digits. I hope this helps you figure out an answer. Sorry for the confusion.

"Lars-Åke Aspelin" wrote:

Maybe some more words should be taken out or be replaced...

What is "...the last day of the end of the quarter..."?

It would be easier to understand what you are after if you include a
few examples with different data and the expected results for each
example.

Lars-Åke

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:38:00 -0800, Loadmaster
wrote:

Take out the word "previous" in my question.

"Loadmaster" wrote:

I would like a conditional format that if on the last day of the end of the
quarter that if there is no date within that quarter (ie previous quarter in
cell A1), that cell A1 turns red and stays red into the next quarter, until a
new date is entered into cell A1.