Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Teddy Teddy is offline

Default Am I on the right path

This is great - much more simplified. Didn't realise you could just
reference the columns A:B .
Many thanks,

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Try it this way:

=VLOOKUP(P1,'Numbers'!A:B,2,FALSE)

That should look up all the numbers in column A, not just those
related to Germany.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 21, 10:52 am, Teddy wrote:
Hi there,
I have a list of phone numbers by country including number, name and
department and saved them in ranges i.e. a1:b20 = Germany range
a30:b55=France etc

In the second sheet I need to pull in the name and department. I have used
Vlookup which works a treat for one country
=VLOOKUP(P1,'Numbers'!Germany,2,FALSE)

However I wonder how to add if country = france etc then lookup that range
etc for all my countries. Should I use a macro? or IF? or place the
different version of the lookup into each country and copy down?

Thanks, Teddy