Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Teddy Teddy is offline

Default Am I on the right path

Don,
Many thanks for your help. Do you mean to first filter by country then
paste in each vlookup changing the named range then copy for that country and
repeat for each country?
Teddy

"Don Guillett" wrote:

If the countries are in a column of their own then select the top row of
your data and use

datafilterautofilterfilter on the column

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Teddy" wrote in message
Hi there,
I have a list of phone numbers by country including number, name and
department and saved them in ranges i.e. a1:b20 = Germany range
a30:b55=France etc

In the second sheet I need to pull in the name and department. I have
used
Vlookup which works a treat for one country
=VLOOKUP(P1,'Numbers'!Germany,2,FALSE)

However I wonder how to add if country = france etc then lookup that range
etc for all my countries. Should I use a macro? or IF? or place the
different version of the lookup into each country and copy down?

Thanks, Teddy