Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gryndar Gryndar is offline

Default Macro to transfer contents of 'Selected' cell to alternate cel

Sorry about that, I apologise. Been kinda hectic lately but no excuse. Sorry
and Thanks a bunch for all your help.
Merry Christmas!
Guy

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

If you had watched your original posting you would have seen my reply about
using the "Activecell"

Gord

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 09:58:01 -0800, Gryndar
wrote:

To start with I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this, THANKS,
ya'll are great!
After trying all the formulas and noticing what each did I figured I could
combined a couple suggestions to get it to work. I used the original formula
from Luke M:
Sub CheckCell()
If Range("A2").Value = "" Then
Range("A2").Value = Range("C2").Value
Else
Range("A3").Value = Range("C2").Value

And substituted [Range("C2").Value] with [ActiveCell.Value] and it works
perfectly. I probably have just not been explaining it good enough to begin
with, sorry about that. The original formula almost worked but I didn't know
the syntax for using the sellected cell instead of 'C2' and couldn't figure
it out till the post by muddan madhu. His formula was not what I was looking
for but when I saw the syntax "ActiveCell" I figured maybe I could use that,
and it worked. I have learned a lot about these formulas from all this and
should be able to figure out some other stuff I have been wondering about
with this stuff.
Thanks a bunch everyone, ya'll have all been really great, I'm just not that
good at explaining sometimes.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Best to stick with one thread.

See replies to your first posting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 18:48:01 -0800, Gryndar
wrote:

I need a macro that will transfer contents of a cell that is currently
'selected / highlighted' to another cell, and if that cell is not blank then
to transfer the contents of the 'selected' cell to an alternate cell.
Merry Christmas Everyone!

Thanks,
Guy