Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default Removing number spacing in cells

=VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))
=VAL(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))
"Mark" wrote:

Basically I am making a calculator that will parse number changes. In order
to do the math operations correctly I must convert my initial input to
standard number format first.

4 500 --- 4500
23 345 -- 23345

I would like to do this with a new cell that calls upon the value in the old
and converts it.

So for example in A1 I have 4 500
and in B1 I want to have 4500 without manually removing the space.

I've looked online and found the val function and tried it but it does not
work for some reason. I tried to enable VBA but it seems it still does not
work.

I try Val(A1) and the cell gives me a #NAME? error.

Does anybody have any ideas of a differant function I can use to remove the
spacing or a way to get the Val function working?