Bernie Deitrick

Joe,

Record a macro of your opening the file and importing the data, and then
post it here. We can change it to do the same on every file within the
folder, with the added step of combining the resulting sheets into 1 sheet.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"JMA" wrote in message
Is it possible to import several Text files into Excel through one step?

realize that each file will open a seperate workbook, but if I could cut

out
the step of opening every file individually it would save a lot of time.

The files are ASCII format (text delimited), which were converted from an
*.SBF file. The SBF files I am referring to are datalogging files

generated
from the software we use for our mechanical testing rig. The test

computer
and software is supplied by Servotest
(http://www.servotest.com/homepage.html). I am looking to just increase

my
efficiency on importing the data, since I perform this task regularly.

Thank you for your help-
Joe