Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Monique Monique is offline

Default Calculating monthly start date with a start date

I have a spreadsheet that I use to calculate dates for inventory supplies. I
have a formula that works great except for one function - I would like to be
able to use the start date of any month (January, February, March etc.) in
calculating what the next working day will be after entering 1/1/08, 2/1/08
etc.

The formula I now use is =WORKDAY(C4,1,holidays)

This formula does not choose the first working day correctly. January is
correct when I insert 1/1/08, February also, with 2/1/08 but March 3/1/08 is
on a Saturday. I would like my formula to also calculate the next start date
of the month, even if I use 1/1/08 or 2/1/08 or 3/1/08 as a start date.

i.e. C4: 3/1/08

=WORKDAY(U4,1,holidays)
=WORKDAY(W4,1,holidays)
copied to:
C 40 - S 40

The month ends on the proper day.

I am not sure this is possible, but I would love someone who could help me
figure out how to do it.

Thanks!

Monique