Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
K K is offline

Default Need help with SUM formula matching 1st Array criteria in 2nd Arra

Hi Folks,

I'm hoping someone can help please.

In Cell A, I need to SUM total the values from Col 3 in Range 2, based on
each value in Col 1 of Range 2 which matches the respective/relevant values
in Col 1 of Range 1.

Or put another way. I have Col 1 of Range 1 which has intermittent values.
Each time a value is found in Range 1, I need match that to a value in Col 1
of Range 2, return the value from Col 3 of Range 2 and then in a separate
cell, SUM all of the (Col 3, Range 2) returned values.

I have tried various forms of Array formulas, but can't seem to hit on it.
Can anyone help please?