Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alex Mackenzie Alex Mackenzie is offline

Default Offset Reference Cell

I am using the OFFSET function with a spreadsheet created by our IT
department. I have added the offset function to help sort the results in the
spreadsheet. When initially entered the function works fine. However, when
the data is updated (background macro, code is protected), the "refer to" in
the named range changes to OFFSET (sheetname!#REF!). Before I go to my IT
folks, I would like to understand what could be causing the reference to
change. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.