Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John M.[_3_] John M.[_3_] is offline

Default Count a Match set of values between cells

Thanks guys this function did the trick but it is missing one thing and that
is the ability to overlook blank cells and return a false result. How would
I properly add that into the formula?

"PCLIVE" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(F2:F100="S"),--(G2:G100="SG-3"))

If you want the "S" and "SG-3" to referenced by a particular cell:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(F2:F100=H1),--(G2:G100=H2))

Regards,
Paul

--

"John M." <John wrote in message
I want to produce a page within my workbook for results from my work page.
On my work page and have two columns F and G which down the page will have
an
array of entries in each. I want to count the number of occurances where
something in column F and something in column G are equal to two different
values. This is my example.
F G
TYPE GLAZING
5 S SG-3
6 C
7 S SG-3
8 C
9 S SG-3

For my results I want to know how many times that "S" and "SG-3" occur
side
by side in the same row as shown above. Can someone please enlighten me
how
to accomplish this task?

Thank you,
John M.