Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Upper and Lower limit lines on scatter graph

A simple way would be to create lines on your graph with values of your
deviations. Would allow for a visual check.
Near the data that you are getting the scatter points have, have another 2
lines/rows of cells referring to your limits, e.g.
=$A$2
and fill down. Then add the series to your chart.
If don't want it labeled, you can delete the label from the legend key as
well.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Kcope8302" wrote:

I am doing a standard deviation graph where I have 2 cells. One of which is
the upper limit and the other is the lower limit. The actual data on the
graph is set and will not change but the upper and lower limits can be
changed and i want the chart to reflect the change.

Example:

Upper deviation: <=.05
Lower deviation: =-.05
Now if I were to change these both to 1 and -1 respectively is there a
method of the chart making that change and showing what data on the chart now
falls within this new set?