Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Exponential Decay of Option Prices

Maybe...

Value today in C2
Number of days remaining in D2
Formula in E2: =POWER($C$2,1/$D$2)^(D2-1)

With value today of 100 and 35 days remaining then
value tomorrow is 87.67.

If the above creates losses for you, please don't ask me for a bailout. <g
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Box"
wrote in message
I have an option price and I know that the option expires in 35 days.
I also know that option prices decay exponentially;
decay increases as time to expiration decreases.

How can I estimate the exponential decay in the option price from
the 35 day to the 34 day?

Rather than use an option pricing model I'm simply looking for an Excel
function that gives some sort of basic exponential decay value.
Thanks for your help.