Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Jon is offline

Default How to filter list if hyperlink happen

hi Gary, there is no autofilter Option, I am using 2007

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Before you do any hyperlink, click on the table column header cell ( say A1)
and pull-down:

Data Filter Autofilter
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200820

"Jon" wrote:

Thank you Gary, what I meant is how to make autofilter

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Sure, say we hyperlinked to John Cabral's first record:

ID31416 Cabral, John <lots more data

We then click on the top of the ID column and select ID31416. Then only
Cabral's records would be visible.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200820

"Jon" wrote:

Thank you Gary, would you please explain more?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Combine AutoFiltering with your table. Once you have jumped using the
hyperlink, use AutoFilter to hide the unwanted rows.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200820

"Jon" wrote:

Greeting,
I have a list of employees Names and IDs. All IDs are linked to another
sheet that it has courses of employees. I am using the following formula and
it works grate. What is happen if linked happen , it takes me to the first
cell of employee ID that is matched and other IDs also shown. What I want to
do if link happened, only the employee ID shown in Sheet of Course only,
other IDs of employees to be hidden. How to do that?
This is the formula that I am using:
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",INDIRECT("'"& E4 &"'!c4")),D4)