Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Hiding rows or columns based on cell contents

Without resorting to a macro (VBA code) to actually hide/unhide the columns,
your best bet is probably going to be to use conditional formatting in the
checklists so that when a cell on the setup worksheet is empty (="") then the
font changes to the same color as the cell's background color.

"Bill H" wrote:

I am looking for a solution to hide row or columns in a worksheet based upon
a value in a cell of another worksheet.

To be more specific, I have a "setup" worksheet, with a column if entires.
I have a second worksheet, "checklist" that I would like to format according
to the entries in "setup".

If setup:A1 is empty, I want to hide columns checklist 1-3
If setup:A2 is empty, I want to hide columns checklist 4-6.

ANy ideas how to set this up automatically ?