Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bbrinker bbrinker is offline

Default HOW DO I AUTO NAME A SAVED FILE FROM A SPEC. BLOCK IN EXCEL?

Thanks for the reply, put I am sum-what familiar with excel but a dummie at
most...can you please give me step by step instructions one how to apply the
lines of code...thanks again

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sub Make_New_Book()
Dim w As Worksheet
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Set srng = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _
"Select Desired Cell", Type:=8)
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\testing\" _
& srng.Value & ".xls"
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

No error checking for blank cells or illegal characters.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 06:53:03 -0800, bbrinker
wrote:

I AM LOOKING TO AUTO NAME A FILE. i WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO PICK AND CHOOSE
WHAT BLOCK THE FILE NAME COMES FROM INSTEAD OF USING BLOCK "A1" I WOULD LIKE
TO CHOOSE FOR EXAMPLE BLOCK "K6". THANKS.