Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gunti Gunti is offline

Default Creating a Simple macro

Another question, this works. It however waits for me to click somewhere in
the sheet before it changes my cell. Any way to avoid this?

Greets,
Gunti

"Luke M" wrote:

If Range("A1").Value = "x" Then
Range("A2").Value = Range("A3").Value * 0.5

Note that you will need to paste this onto the correct sheet in VBA, NOT a
module.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Gunti" wrote:

Hi, Thanks alot. I have another question though, i want it to act exactly
like a normal Excel formula (monitor if A1="x" all the time)

"Luke M" wrote:

Sub YourMacroName()
If Range("A1").Value = "x" Then
Range("A2").Value = Range("A3").Value * 0.5

Just paste then into a module in the VBA editor, and you should be good.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Gunti" wrote:

Hi,
I want to create a very simple macro and i'm having trouble finding it on
the internet.

I basicly want the following formula:

If Range(a1) = "x" Then
Cell A2 = "Cell A3*0.5)

I am completely new to creating macro's (as you can see).
Any help is appreciated

Gunti