Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=IF(B21="","",VLOOKUP(B21,B77:C529,2))

Biff

"Joe Hays" <Joe wrote in message
I have created a form to be completed requesting a server be moved from one
location to another. The mover needs to see the server name and the
server
type. Starting in cell B77 (and going down the column) I have listed all
the
servers. Starting in cell C77 I have listed the type of server named in
cell
B77.

In my form, I used the Data Validation function, I have created a drop
down
menu of servers to choose from in cell B21. In cell C21 I am using the
formula =VLOOKUP(B21,B77:C529,2). This formula looks in cell B21 and if
it
sees the name of a server from the list in cells B77:C529 it them displays
what is in the 2nd column (the server type).

The problem is, if there is nothing listed in cell B21, then #N/A is
displayed in cell C21. How can I have cell C21 be blank, or not show
anything until an entry is placed in cell B21? Thanks for your help!