Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
anjarama anjarama is offline

Default inventory

Gordon,
B1 is purchases...
How do you mean cumulative? I cannot get the cost per order if B1 runs
cummulatively. I may be misunderstanding you. Please elaborate.
Thanks again

"Gordon" wrote:

"anjarama" wrote in message
I am no pro in Excel. Please, I need to figure out how to create an
inventory speadsheet that will update the current inventory when saved.

A1) product B1) amt sold C1) price per unit D1) original inventory E1)
D1-B1

I'de like to save the updated E1 inventory after each order, clear B1 for
the next order and have E1 always reflect the current stock.

If I save and clear B1, E1 reverts back to D1 quantity.

Thanks for any help.

That's because B1 needs to be CUMULATIVE.
You would be better off listing the orders down the page with a sub-total at
the bottom.
And you omitted one very important item - Purchases.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level