Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TKS_Mark TKS_Mark is offline

Default Change All Instances of a Cell Reference in a Formula

AlwaysFroosh: Try find/replace. In 2007, it's on the home ribbon. You can
also key in ctrl+h. Be careful, because if you try to replace all instances
of A1, it will do this on the entire sheet. If you only want it to look at
one cell, select at least two before you do it.

In the "find what" field, type the reference you want to replace. In the
"replace with" field, type the new reference you want to use.

"AlwaysFroosh!" wrote:

Is there an easy way to change all instances of a cell reference with one
action? For example, when you enter a particular cell, Excel hightlights on
the spreadsheet all of the references within that formula, and if you click
on the border of one of the references, you can drag it to a new location.
However, if you have more than one reference to that cell within the formula,
it only changes one of those references, and you end up having to drag the
cell repeatedly for each reference. I was thinking maybe there would be a
shortcut like holding control or alt or some other combination to drag all of
them at once, but I can't find it. Does anyone know of a shortcut like this?