Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Excel

Assume list of dates that are already taken is in A2:A367
Date to check is in B2.
In cell C2,
=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$367,0),"","Date already taken"
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Jlcyear2004" wrote:

I'm trying to create a calendar vacation spreadsheet but I want to avoid
having certain department managers/supervisors from taking the same days off.
Is there a way to create a spreadsheet that will help me do that? For
instance, if I enter a date, and a manager already has that scheduled off, is
there a formula that I can create that will give me a pop up message that
says "date already taken" or something similar to that? Thanks in advance
for any help.

Josie