Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default putting a name in the name box

You can't have spaces in the name... maybe use an underline character
instead...

250_service

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"donr5" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that is quite large. I have a cell that is below the
viewing part of the worksheet when you first open a file. I woul dlike to
put
a name of the information in the NAME BOX, that is just above cells A & B.
have highlited the cell (A67) I want name, then put my cursor in the name
box, type in my name of the cell (250 service).When I hit the enter key, I
get an error message "you must enter a valid reference you want to go
to,or
type a valid name for the selection". If I enter just "service" it will
accept it. Can I use the name " 250 service". Is it just a case of
formating
the cell to accept the numbes in the name???? Open to ideas.

Thanks
Don