Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pdberger pdberger is offline

Default Date Format

Alex --

Select the cell or range, then click the little button next to the 'number'
formatting on the 'Home' tab. When the 'format cells' window opens, go to
the 'number' tab and click the 'custom' category on the left-hand side.
Then, in the 'type' field, change it to "m/d". You can also start the whole
process by right-clicking on the range.

HTH

"Alex" wrote:

Is there a custom date format that will change dates like Mar. 4 and April
25th to m/d? Anything I try isn't changing the format; I suppose because
Excel doesn't recognize these as a date. I'm using Excel 2007. Thank you.