Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve Steve is offline

Default Consolidate/VLOOKUP/Pivot Table?

Hi - I have a sheet of part numbers (tens of thousands of parts). Each part
has a part number, number of transactions, dollar value, etc... five columns
of data for each part/row... six columns total in this sheet.

I've been given a SECOND list of part numbers, with only one additional
column: a Category with values of "Core" or "Non-Core". This list of parts
is not identical to the earlier list... some of the same items are on both
lists, some are only on one list.

I need to create a single list with ALL the part numbers from both lists,
and all data for each part.

I've tried a pivot table, but the "Core" or "Non-Core" column shows up as 0
or blank.

Thanks in advance.
--
Grateful