Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
xlm xlm is offline

Default Excel spreadsheet

try this formula to give you the total of top 10 scores
assuming that your scores are in column B2, place this in C2 and copy down
you need to change the cell's references to yours.

=SUM(LARGE($B$2:$B$20,{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}))

or this formula which will give you the ranking of your top 10 scores

=RANK(B2,$B$2:$B$20,0)+COUNTIF($B$2:B2,B2)-1

Alternatively, you can Sort Ascending or use Auto Filter in Excel to
identify the top 10 scorers and scores.
To use Auto Filter,
click on cell A1
Select Data on the menu Filter
Click Auto Filter. your spreadsheet
click the arrow down small button
choose Top 10

Excel will populate the top 10 scores for you

Pls post back if you encounter any problem

HTH
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button

Thank You

cheers,

"papius" wrote:

I am a golfer and am organising a competition. I want to formulate a cell on
a spread sheet that will give me the best 9 weeks scores from 12 weeks.
anone any ideas?