Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve Allen Steve Allen is offline

Default Calculate total time(hours/minutes) from text/custom format co

Thanks, it worked this time, I don't know why I had trouble with this except
I may have been using an older version of Excel when I last tried.

"muddan madhu" wrote:

col A start time
col B end time

in Col C =B1-A1 | custom format | [hh]:mm

On Dec 11, 10:39 am, Steve Allen
wrote:
I download a csv report that has two columns that I'd like to work with.
1-session start (custom format) "11/6/2008 16:59"
2-session end, same format, end of session may be in excess of 24 hours
after session start. "11/8/2008 19:32".
I would like the final column to express the total time in hours and tenths
for billing.

I have tried many suggestions but I can't make them work for me.
I can send a sample of the csv or the spreadsheet in Excel 2002 to anyone
that want's to help. I have Excel 2002. hot mail sallenss
Thanks in advance
Steve