Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chuck Chuck is offline

Default Sum show difference of -0.000000000002501104298755

Thank You Sheeloo. I read the article but am not sure it applies to this issue.
When I expand the decimal places on the column to 30, there are only 0's
after the second decimal place for each cell in the sum. But the sum has
values other than 0 starting in decimal position 13 thru 24, then all 0s to
position 30. I would thing there would need to be some value besides 0 in
position 25 thru 30?

"Sheeloo" wrote:

See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rounding.htm for an excellent article on
the subject...

"Chuck" wrote:

The spreadsheet was created from an Access query where the column is defined
as double with 2 decimil places.
In Excel I expand the column to 30 decimal places and none of the values
have anything but 0 past the second decimal place.
Yet when I =SUM(E1:E763) I get the total of -0.000000000002501104298755.
I have tried changing the format in Excel to currency, general, accounting,
no change?
Any ideas would be appreciated.