Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
az willie az willie is offline

Default Count cells in column that contain number in a range

"T. Valko" wrote in news:uGK4ywwWJHA.5272
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

I'm assuming you deal with precision to the minute and not to the second.

Ok, to count *from* 10pm to 10:59pm:

=COUNTIF(I47:I3846,"="&TIME(22,0,0))-COUNTIF(I47:I3846,""&TIME(22,59,0))

Better if you put the time boundaries in cells:

A1 = 10:00 PM (or 22:00)
B1 = 10:59 PM (or 22:59)

=COUNTIF(I47:I3846,"="&A1)-COUNTIF(I47:I3846,""&B1)

===========
Sorry for the delay in responding. Had a minor surgery yesterday on my foot
and the anesthesia had me knocked out all day and still not functioning
real good.

I will check out using cells as you showed when I get back up to par.

Your help is much appreciated. I just started this project at a bad time.
Didn't realize the minor surgery would knock me out so bad. Not to mention
the owie and the pain pills that don't seem to do too much.

Oh well ... this too shall pass and I will conquer the evil spreadsheet. :)

--
If you don't believe in Freedom of Speech for people you despise ... you
don't believe in it at all.