Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tom Hutchins Tom Hutchins is offline

Default Undo "Outline" in Excel

In your VBA code in Access, you can use a TransferText command to export the
output of the query that provides data for the report to a text file. For
example,

'Export as delimited text file
DoCmd.TransferText TransferType:=acExportDelim, _
TableName:="MyQuery", FileName:="D:\Data\MyFile.txt", _
HasFieldnames:=True

You can export to a fixed-width text file but you will have to create an
export specification. For example,

DoCmd.TransferText TransferType:=acExportFixed, _
SpecificationName:="MyQuery Export Spec", _
TableName:="MyQuery", _
FileName:="D:\Data\MyFile1.txt", _
HasFieldnames:=True

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Loralee" wrote:

I am working in Office 2003, and have created a form and procedures for a
user to create a "Data dump" from a report in Access 2003 to Excel. The
"data dump" is based on a 2 table SQL statement.
I WANT a flat file but I am getting an "outline" file; One level of the
outline is from 1 table and the other is from the second table (This used to
produce what I want in Office 2000.) I cannot figure out how to create the
"flat file" within Excel.

1) How can I create the "flat file" once the data gets to Excel? IS there a
setting I can change?
2) Is there an argument I can add to my VBA code in Access that will
produce a real "flat file"?

Thanks in advance-

Loralee

--