Michael

Thank you Bob and Debra very much. It's been a long day. Somehow I did have
formuas checked on the view tab. You all are great!

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

You probably have formulas displayed. To turn them off:

Choose ToolsOptions
On the View tab, under 'Window options' remove the check mark from Formulas
Click OK

Michael wrote:
Hi all.
I'm using Excel 2003. I opened a file that has a column of dates and they
had been reformated to Microsoft's underlying general number. I've tried
reformatting as adate and doing text to columns, but neither worked. Also,
the date shows in the formula bar, but not the cell. Any ideas? Thanks in
advance.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List