Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Joe[_12_] Joe[_12_] is offline

Default Using Macros for Data Entry?

OK, we have a spreadsheeet that we're simply using to log data on a job
shop floor, but the people doing the data entry are having a tough time
with consistency. I'd like to make a macro or something that allows them to
type in the data and click a submit button.

If the data is correctly entered it simply adds the data to the end of the
spreadsheet, either at the top or bottom, whatever.

I'd also love to be able to break up the data into seperate files, like
each week a different file or sheet is used.

Time and day stamps would be applied so we know when the data was entered.

I'd also take recommendations for different apps, but this is just a log,
nothing fancy.

Oh, running Excel 2000 in the shop, but could upgrade to 2007 if worth the
time.

Thanks in advance,

--
Joe