Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FinRazel FinRazel is offline

Default Error Message

I don't know if this is your problem, but I think you have changed the
extention of your personal macro workbook (mine is "Personal.xls" not .xlsb).
This file should be located in

C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

If it is not there, search for it. When you have found it, if you cannot
see the extention, go to

Tools-Folder Options-View Tab, and check "Display the full path in the
title bar"

Then, you can change the extention to .xls

Not having Vista, I don't know if these directions are very up-to-date, but
I hope they help.

Anne Murray

"Warren Easton" wrote:

Dear All,

I was looking through some Macros in one of my sheet and may have
inadvertantly changed something, now when I go to open any excel sheet I get
the following message:

Excel cannot open the file'~$PERSONAL.xlsb' because the file format or file
extention ia not valid. Verify that the file has not been corruped and that
the file extention matches the format of the file.

Thank you in advance for any help.
--
Regards
Warren